Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am in trouble!

Okay, so I am new at this whole blogging thing.  I think I mentioned in my first post that I didn't even know that "blogging" was anything more than a made up word.  I had no idea that it was short for web log or something to that affect.  Anyhoo...I got in trouble recently over this very blog.  My pal, Elise with Nest Sweet Nest, which I do not yet know how to link to fussed at me for not publishing pictures in my posts.  I guess I have seen all you salty bloggers do that, but I assumed it was a skill for the experienced, not the beginners. 

First, let me say that my SD card for my camera has become corrupt, so unless I run off to the store today, you won't see any new pictures for a few days.  However, I was showing my pal some pictures of some  projects that I had recently finished and she said "PUT THEM ON YOUR BLOG!!!!".  Ummmm, yes Ma'am.  So here are a few things we recently finished.

I made some hair bows for my cutie pie little niece, Olivia and while there were plenty of froo-froo ones, I liked these super simple two minute ones.  First, they are incredibly easy.  All I did was cut out felt of varying sizes and sew together with this button.  Then hot glue onto the barrette of your choosing.  I used those little snap clippy ones.  Yep, that was a technical term.  The little green ones that are invading the picture are just ribbon tied off and glued to the same type of clip (snap clippy ones).  Two minutes for tons of cuteness.

Okay, this next one took a few more than two minutes.  First, a disclaimer.  I taught myself how to sew out of necessity.  I am NOT terribly good at it yet, though I enjoy it thoroughly!  Okay, so my cutie pie niece started taking Karate lessons and is so excited!  So for Christmas, I made her an Olivia Karate Doll.  I had to make a few prototypes before I was happy with the size of the doll, but I think she worked out nicely.  The karate outfit (I know it has a name, but I don't know that name) was a little more difficult.  The doll has a big ole booty and big hips, so it took some doing to fit her pants.  But here is the finished product:


Okay kids, so there you have it!  A few of my little projects that were recently completed.  Hope you enjoyed and I hope I am no longer in too much trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment